Friday, November 19, 2010

Amazon recommends

My life is aptly reflected in my "Amazon recommends for you" list.

Apparently I need...

...an athletic trainer exam review book (Kayla, this spring!).

...a great variety of AP exam review books (Chris has 7 AP exams in spring).

...new releases of youth videos (Kayla has a love of all things animated and young - recent 'treats' from mom include Toy Story 3 and How to Train a Dragon).

...philosophy/theology books (I was on a used Peter Kreeft book binge - I mean, come on, if I can get it for $3, why not???).

...romance novels (not reading them so much these days, but a few cleaner authors still pique my interest).

...things to do with boats (Barry), cameras (Amy), Xbox (Chris).

...classic literature (Periodically buying books for Chris - the short stories of James Joyce, The Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene, and Hamlet, by what's his name, the English guy who was in Shakespeare in Love).

If Amazon REALLY employs any psychological foundation for their recommendations, I must make them NUTS! OR...I AM nuts. OR both are true. They're not mutually exclusive.

In reality, Amazon LOVES me. Every time I sign on, they rejoice. "There she is! Our golden ticket to early retirement!" They are so happy someone still reads and wants to own books. I'm a sought-after anachronism!

If I don't post again, Happy Thanksgiving from your video watching, game playing, exam studying, high-brow literature reading, romantically foolish, sailing into the sunset, philosophically questioning, theologically content, athletically healthy, photogenically preserved friend....

No comments: