Monday, September 6, 2010

Do you ever...??

Do you ever try to find out something that you really have no business knowing but you figure, "Hey, why is there an internet if not to stalk my neighbors and find out if they got a divorce?"

I'm a terrible person.

Don't try to talk me out of it.

I am.

I know it.

BUT I was wondering, and I did think, "It can't be private if I can find it on the World Wide Web...and I don't want to ask anyone because that's gossip...and I don't want to ask my neighbor because that's snoopy and wrong and could hurt her feelings..."

Bad, uber-rationalizing me.

By the way, whoever said all information is accessible via the web may be right (did anyone ever say this?), but didn't say anything about the proficiency of the operator attempting such data-mining. Such skill appears to be critical. If I was Chloe on "24", I would tap a few keyboard keys and be able to control Russia while at that same time invading innocent people's privacy.

Other than Google, I did not try anything else. So, I have no clue. And I am embarressed and shamed.

In contrition, I decide to plaster my evilness on the web for all to know and mock. I turn myself over to you, the guardians of all that is right and good, for appropriate chastisement.

As an aside, I realized that we do this with celebrities all the time. I have now vowed never to click on the TMZ link. If I don't click, if you don't click, then TMZ will eventually not be able to pay the crazy photographers that chase these people around so that we can see if they look fat on the beach and can feel better about our own out-of-shape behinds. May God protect me from the day that my abs are worth an international uproar or I do anything Web worthy (other than this blog THAT YOU LOVE!).

No comments: