Friday, September 3, 2010

I've got nothin'

Determined to stay on point with this blog...must make entry...got nothin'...got nothin'...HEY!

Did I tell you about the time I got the bikini wax?

No?? Great!

OH, you are yelling "NOOOOO!" as in, please do NOT write about this.

OK. OK. It is an interesting topic, if want you want my opinion.

This is big business in Miami. Salons set up just for waxing, nothing else. My attendant's name is Kathryn. She is from Puerto Rico and has worked for seven years as a waxer (waxologist?). I love her accent. She makes big bucks, even with the economic downturn (Hey, we got beaches and pools here! Some things cannot be sacrificed). I can tell this because she wears clothes I have only heard about on TV or seen in my dentist's office's fancy magazines (Why does he subscribe to Vogue? Or does one of the hygienists? Maybe his wife? Do dentists make as much as wax technicians? Probably not in Miami.).

I could talk about something mundane, like pedicures, but wouldn't you really rather hear about bikini waxing?

Hey, you don't need to shout! I get it! NO BIKINI WAX talk.

If I confessed to a lack of personal boundaries, would you be surprised?

No comments: