Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School

It's a big day in the Baker house!

Amy will teach her first elementary class today in Chicago. All I have to say is, those students are lucky ducks.

Kayla begins her senior year in athletic training at Albion and her search for a graduate school program. Between that and her sorority, and Craig's (boyfriend) fraternity activities, I'm sure she will have a full and happy year.

Chris beings HIS senior year at Christopher Columbus, and his search for the perfect college. Piano starts tonight, and Life (youth group) within the next couple of weeks. I have Parent Senior meeting soon, to learn all about CCHS and senior year.

While on my walk with the dog, I saw a parent with her two young children, waiting patiently at the bus stop. How many lifetimes ago did I experience that wait? The fun and anxiety of new teachers, friends, and activities? I miss those days - Amy called from the train, and while she is the teacher, she has new teacher nerves. After he drove himself to school, Chris texted me: "I made it to school." Kayla? She'll be busy today, but maybe I'll hear about her classes or training work.

I'm melancholy, in case you didn't notice!

The Miami traffic will triple during the hours of 7 - 10 a.m., and 2 - 6 p.m.. We will change are driving patterns to avoid school zones. Chris and I have an attack plan for the school supply list - I wish high school teachers would post required items on edline. That trip should make for a fun post!

No comments: